Congratulations on being accepted on FameTube! Now, let’s improve chances of winning. If you follow most of these steps, you’ll drastically increase your votes. We Guarantee It! Remember, just because you think your video doesn’t have a possibility of being #1 this month, doesn’t mean you can’t crack the Top 10 and remain on our homepage leaderboard where thousands of people visit our website daily. Being socially active through these channels and others, is key in winning on FameTube!
- Send FB status updates daily with a link to your video.
- Create an “Event” on Facebook, inviting all of your friends to vote for your video. This is the 2nd best tip on this page! You are not actually inviting them to an event; however, you are inviting them to help you get discovered and vote. This trick is great because it remains in their event folder until the event date arrives, which should be set to the last day of the month. This can done by clicking on the “event” tab on the left side of your wall, and then clicking on “create event”. Remember to include your video’s link in the details box.
- Click on the FB “Like” button on your video’s homepage.
- Have your friends click on the FB “Like” button, too.
- Modify your “About You” section to include something like… “Please vote for me at FameTube…” Make sure to include a link to your video’s page.
- Comment, post, share, like, or do whatever you want on FameTube’s page. Feel free to take advantage of FameTube’s wall to promote yourself and chat with us.
- Add more friends to your personal or fan page. The more friends you have, the more votes you’ll potentially receive.
- Ask your FB friends to please share your update on their wall and on their friends, too.
Resources Needed? All you need is a Facebook account to perform the above.
- Modify the “description” area below your YouTube video to include something like… “Please vote for me at FameTube…” Make sure to include a link to your video’s page.
- Do the above to all of your videos on YouTube.
- Modify the title of your video to include something like… “Vote for me at FameTube.com…”
- Do the above to all of your videos on YouTube.
- Add annotations (interactive commentary) to your video. Click here to learn how to do this.
- Include the same verbiage in your YouTube subscription homepage.
- Comment on FameTube’s iPhone commercial video ad here. Ask viewers to check you out and to vote. It’s getting a lot of hits…
- Comment on your video saying something like… “Thanks, I’m glad you like my video. Please help me by voting for me at FameTube…”
- Comment on other people’s videos asking them to support you on FameTube.
- When making new videos, just before you begin your performance, ask your viewers to check you out at FameTube.com. This should be done at the very beginning and make sure your keep it short (a couple sentences).
Resources Needed? All you need is a YouTube account to perform the above.
Twitter is the largest micro-blogger site on the planet. This is where FameTube has its largest amount of presence. Our social media team focuses most of their attention on this channel. Why? Because, Twitter allows normal people to communicate with people they wouldn’t usually be able to interact with. FameTube has tons of followers, and many of them are music promoters, talent managers, musicians and celebrities. FameTube bridges that gap that you would normally have with these people. Plus, we’re constantly reaching out to them on Twitter trying to get your talent discovered.
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Send tweets from your video’s page, regularly asking your followers to vote for you.
- Retweet any and all of FameTube tweets!! When you see a tweet from us, retweet it. This is very important because it will greatly increase your chances of us tweeting your video to our followers.
- Want us to retweet your video to all of our followers? Then, send us tweets to FameTube saying great things about us. Everybody likes to hear good things about themselves, and FameTube is no exception. Make it unique though because we get a lot of tweets a day. Stand out and we’ll retweet your video!
- Modify your “Bio” section to include something like… “Please vote for me at FameTube…” Make sure to include a link to your video’s page.
- Send tweets to us (@FameTube) with a link to your video, and there’s a chance we’ll retweet them. Hint… Be unique and catchy!
- Send @reply messages to each of your followers asking them to support you and include your link.
- Send direct messages to each of your followers asking them to support you and include your link.
- Retweet our tweets. You never know, we may retweet one of yours.
Resources Needed? Just a Twitter account. Click here if you don’t have one.
The Google+ (aka Google Plus) Plus Button is Google’s version of the Facebook “Like” button. When someone clicks on the Google+ button, they’re sending a signal to Google telling them that you recommend this page. The more clicks you have on your Google+button, the higher you will rank in Google. This button is located right next to your video on FameTube
- Click the Google+ button on your video’s page.
- Have your friends click on the Google+ button, too.
- Click the Google+ button on all pages within FameTube. By doing this, you’re making FameTube more popular, which makes you more popular. The more people that visit FameTube, the better your chances are of getting discovered.
Resources Needed – All you need is a Gmail account (Google email) which takes seconds and can be done here.
StumbleUpon is quickly becoming one of the most popular websites around. It’s a discovery engine that finds and recommends web pages throughout the internet. FameTube just recently joined and we can tell you, it’s a really cool website that enables you to explore the web based on your interests. Click here to learn more or visit StumbleUpon.com
- Stumble your video’s page and recommend it.
- Stumble FameTube’s homepage and recommend it, too.
- Stumble other pages within FameTube and recommend them.
Resources Needed? Just signup here. It takes seconds!
Pinterest is the fastest growing social site on earth right now! It’s a pinboard-style social photo sharing website. Go here to learn more about Pinterest.
- Pin your video on Pinterest.
- Pin FameTube’s homepage on Pinterest.
- Pin all FameTube pages on Pinterest.
Resources Needed – Pinterest is currently “invite only” to join. The quickest way to become a member on Pinterest is to get a friend or someone you know that is already a member, to invite you. Or you can sign up here but you’ll be put on a waiting list that can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to become a member.
This is the fastest and easiest tip of all! It takes seconds and after it’s installed, you do nothing more. Alexa is an internet company that collects and analyzes web traffic throughout the web, compiling data based on many factors, including global website rankings based on popularity. It’s the largest website of its kind! One of its main features is the Alexa Toolbar. When installed on your computer, it collects data based on browsing behavior, and transmits it to their website. Sound confusing? Well, it’s really not. Bottom line is that when this toolbar is installed on your browser and you visit FameTube or more importantly, your video page on FameTube, you’re sending a signal to Alexa, which in return, increases the popularity of your video. This can result in a boost in your Google ranking. Alexa receives 6 million visitors to their site a month! So, get the free toolbar and help improve your video’s exposure.
- For Internet Explorer browser, install toolbar here.
- For Google Chrome browser, install toolbar here.
- For Firefox browser, install toolbar here.
- Once installed, just use the search bar when going to FameTube (i.e., type in FameTube or your name along with FameTube). The search results are powered by Google, so you know you are getting the best! Click here to see a screenshot of the Alexa search toolbar.
- The key is to make sure you use this toolbar to arrive at your video’s page.
Resources Needed – Approximately 30 seconds!
Yahoo! Answers is a website where you can ask questions, and where you can answer questions. The questions range from any and every topic. Click here to go directly to the category that best fits FameTube’s topic.
- Ask people to rate your video on FameTube. People do this all the time with their YouTube videos. Make sure to include a link to your video.
- Answer other people’s questions and in return, ask them to rate your video.
Resources Needed – All you need is a Yahoo! email address which can be done in seconds by clicking here.
There are countless forums across the internet that you can advertise yourself on. Use these to your advantage.
- Post comments throughout the forums you visit, asking other members to support you on FameTube. Always include a link to your video’s page.