The votes are what really counts! Voting is made simple in 3 easy steps. The videos with the most votes receive the most exposure on our site, because they are featured on our homepage leaderboard 24 hours a day.
To sign up, click the “register” tab in the login area in the right sidebar of any FameTube page. Enter a username, your email address, password and re-enter password. You will receive an email with your FameTube username and password that you provided us. We do not spam!
Now, enter the name of the person you want to vote for in the search box in the upper right hand corner and click “search”. Go here for a screenshot of the search box.
#3 To vote, just click on the stars next the video. Go here for a screenshot of where the stars are located.
The voting system on FameTube is set up to only allow 1 vote per account per computer per IP address per month. No EXCEPTIONS! This means if you’ve already voted once from a particular computer/smartphone, you won’t be able to vote again from the same device during that month. The FameTube team regularly monitors votes to ensure manipulation isn’t occurring. Additional votes, under the same IP address, during the same month, or under the same account will go uncounted.
Any blackhat trickery will result in the video being removed permanently from FameTube without notice. Our voting system alerts us immediately when suspicious activity is suspected. This includes hidden IP addresses, multiple accounts being created back-to-back, and multiple accounts being registered under the same IP address. We can see everything! Don’t risk it!!
If you want to really improve the chances of someone getting discovered, help them out and spread the word socially. Social Media has become the media king, and a great advantage to utilizing these channels is that they are completely free. It just takes a little time on your part but the results can be huge!
If social media is King of all Media, then Facebook is King of All Social Media! Promoting someone through Facebook is the best way to get someone’s talent exposed on FameTube.
• Send regular status updates asking your friends to vote. Remember to always include the video link for easy access.
• Click the FB “like” button next to their video on FameTube. This lets your friends know that you like the video, resulting in them being interested in checking it out.
• Like us on Facebook by clicking here. This increases awareness of your friend’s video. Also, we’ll be sharing their video on our page, allowing you an opportunity to share it too.
FameTube carries more presence on Twitter than any other social site. We’ve got a respectable following that includes celebrities, musicians and talent managers and record labels (i.e., The Source, Island Records, Mercury Records, Absolute Radio, CD Baby, just to name a few). Be active on Twitter, and you are helping out a lot!
• Send out tweets often, asking your followers to vote for that person’s video.
• Send tweets from their video’s FameTube page. You can do this by clicking on the “tweet” button next to their video.
• Ask others to tweet and retweet. Especially for people that have a lot of followers.
• FameTube likes people that are active on Twitter and retweets other tweets, too. We have a large following and it’s growing fast by the day. So send tweets out often, and at times, we’ll retweet yours!
The fastest-growing social media platform is Pinterest. Take advantage of this channel, and someone’s exposure will greatly increase. You have to be invited to join or know someone who already is a member in order to join Pinterest.
• Pin their FameTube video’s page. This can be done by clicking on the “Pin It” button next to their video on FameTube.
Have others that are members of Pinterest do the same and pin their video’s page.
• Follow us on Pinterest by going here.
Google+ is Google’s version of the Facebook “like” button. This is a very simple but very effective way to improve someone’s chances of getting famous. When you press the Google+ 1 button, you’re essentially sending a signal to Google telling them that you recommend that page. In return, Google will improve the rankings of their video in the search engine. All you need is a Gmail email account. Click here if you don’t have one.
• Click on the Google+ 1 button next to their video on FameTube.
• Click on Google+ 1 button on FameTube’s homepage (located in the very top left corner) and throughout FameTube on all of our pages. This will improve the popularity of FameTube in Google, resulting in popularity of their video.
For even more ways that you can help someone get discovered, check out our “Tips” page or click here.